Quick overview Control all the power to your Turbine and Gas models receiver, ECU/Ignition, and AUX batteries simply with one easy to use switch.
With Q-Switch up to 4 batteries in total can be isolated with one Pin Flag Switch, Remote Switch or Magnetic Switch. Q-Switch allows you to control Dual Receiver batteries, ECU or ignition battery, Lights, and Electric Retract all from a dual optical isolated circuit with a single switch unit.
3 years ago, we were setting up a large model with dual batteries for the receiver, a battery for lights, a battery for ECU, and a battery for retracts. We looked at all the cables and switches we needed to turn everything on and off and thought someone needs to design a switch that controls all batteries on/off function with a single switch. This is where the Q-Switch design can from. Since the first release we have now added in dual optically isolated circuits for gas model ignition units, so Q-Switch is now the ideal choice for all your large-scale single or dual motor gas or turbine models.
Q-Switch comes with our proven battery sharing technology and battery redundancy technology built right in. The Q-switch shares the power of your receiver batteries and supplies them to your receivers(s) giving you the best possible flight time for your model. The Q-switch can be used with a single receiver or dual receiver set up. Just plugin and you are ready to go fly.
Q-Switch can be switched with our Pin Flag Switch, Remote Switch, or the Magnetic Switch by simply plugging in the appropriate switch control module. We have included our ultra-bright daylight Blue LED to show you if the model is powered or unpowered.
With the minimal footprint, the Q-switch can be mounted internally anywhere in your model. And to satisfy your connection needs you can use our industry-standard connecting cables to set up your new Q-Switch simply without the need to solder any cables.
Features and Specifications
Switches 4 x batteries of varying chemistry from a single switch.
All switching circuits are rated for up to 12Volt switching.
Available in Pin Flag Switch, Remote Switch, or Magnetic Switch versions
Switches Dual Redundant receiver batteries.
Switches 2 x Optically isolated outputs to connect single or dual Ignition units.
2 x ECU switching outputs to switch single or Twin turbines.
Works with all ECU and ignition units.
Switches lights and/or electric retracts.
AR industry-standard XT30 30A connectors.
Connects to MPX, XT60, Deans Ultra, EC3 with simple adaptor cables.
Dual receiver battery circuit rated at 15A (40A burst).
Optically Isolated circuits rated at 15A per circuit (40A burst).
Size 46mm x 48mm x 18mm
Size 1.8 inches x 1.9 inches x 0.7 inches
Q-Switch uses the Advanced Radio Dual battery redundancy technology and will work as the main switch for any power expander system.
* Ultra-low footprint for the best scale looks.
* Shared dual receiver or single receiver outputs.
* ECU and AUX battery circuits are completely independent of the receiver batteries and controlled with a single pin flag.
* Works with all battery chemistries. LiFe. LiPo, Lion, NiMh, NiCD. The battery voltage range can be from 2.5volts to 28 volts.
* Capable of handling input voltages up to 28volts.
* ECU is supplied with 16AWG wire as standard, for high current carry capacity.
* Minimal external Footprint - All you see on the outside of your model is a 3mm pin Flag socket and (if required) an ultra bright Blue LED. The pin Flag controls the internal power switch and dual battery redundancy.
*Full Dual Battery Redundancy for receiver batteries. - If one receiver battery fails the other battery takes full control.
* Maximum Battery Power Balancing - In a dual battery system Q-Switch draws current proportionally from both batteries while moving both batteries to a complete load balance situation. This means you get the maximum capacity out of both batteries all the time.
* 2 x 25 amp independent receiver circuits. Q-Switch is 4 x 25amp circuits into a high power matching battery redundancy circuit. Q-Switch actually uses 8 x 50 amp rated FET circuits for battery power matching. We passively rate Q-Switch at 25amps per circuit.