26 channel gyro and power expander with sequencer designed for SBUS2, Xbus, HoTT, Jeti, FRSky Sbus and SRXL
Smooth flite, like flying on a calm day
Welcome to the world's lightest and most advanced 26 channel Gyro and Power distribution system. SmoothFlite - Giant Scale RC flying just got better.
We have focussed extensively on the user experience being ultra simple-to-use and all reports we have had back from our test team say we have hit the nail on the head. Super simple to use compared to all other well-known systems.
Smooth Flite gives you the confidence of dual redundant receivers high current regulated power with 26 fully programmable channels, 3 axis gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, compass, and a barometer, 3 optional Sequencers and easy setup with a full-color touch screen interface. The Smooth Flite system allows you to assign as many Gyro outputs as necessary, allowing even the largest of Scale models to have the ease of control that a gyro allows.
Smooth Flite algorithm has been specially designed for RC models so that you can guarantee locked-in performance. We use state of the art programming to predict and calculate where your model is headed, giving Smooth Flite an advantage over other Gyros.
Supports multiple Protocols
What do you fly, Futaba, JR/DFA, Spektrum, Graupner, Jeti, or Multiplex. Whatever you fly, Smooth Flite has you covered. With the ability to change the protocol at the touch of a button, the Smooth Flite system can be easily changed from model to model with different receivers in each.
Twenty Six fully assignable and programmable outputs
Looking at that next big project and wondering how you’re going to power all those servos, the Smooth Flite system is equipped with 26 fully programmable outputs, all via a single cable connected to your receiver. Each channel is freely assignable to any input and can be reversed and matched to any other channel on the Smooth Flite. Building that next giant scale model Smooth Flite has got it covered.
Easy to Use
Smooth Flite comes with pre-configured channel mapping that matches your chosen radio brand so model setup is really simple. Of course for advanced setups, all 26 channels can freely be assigned to any transmitter channel.
Smooth Flite RRS gives you live feedback of both your batteries on your radio. Monitor the voltage and capacity used out of each of your batteries at any time during the flight. Ensure your batteries are ready for the next flight.*
The Next standard in servo Matching.
In the RC industry precision is key. How can you expect to be precise when no two servos are identical, giving you varied results no matter how well you mechanically match them. Match your servos across 15 individual points, with 8000 step resolution and you can finally achieve matched perfection on your elevators, flaps, multi-engines, and more. Take the hassle out of your new setup and have a model that raises your skills.
Sub-trim and reverse on all outputs
Ever spent hours, mechanically matching servos and never being able to get them just right or had to use a separate channel on your receiver, just to reverse a servo. With our intuitive and simple setup, you can easily sub-trim at the center and end-points of all your outputs on the Smooth Flite. Using Smooth Flite you can individually reverse your servos at the touch of a button. Smooth Flite gives you ultimate power at your fingertips.
Regulated voltage gives you precise, repeatable, results.
It is hard to be the best with a model that changes. With our high powered 220A regulator FETS, we remove the change and give you pure constant regulation. As batteries are used their voltage drops, changes in voltage mean changes in speed and power of your servos. Regulating ensures your model is the same time after time.
RRS - Redundant Receiver technology
Smooth Flite RRS is the safest in signal sharing technology, the redundant receiver system ensures your model by utilizing two receivers. Unlike other power systems, Smooth Flite reads the signal from both receivers at all times and runs an intelligent algorithm to select the best signal.
In the unlikely event that a receiver fails then Smooth Flites switches to the better receiver in less than one signal frame to ensure you will have constant control of your model. Reliability is key with models today, with our redundant receiver system you can ensure your model is always reporting back to you.
With Smooth Flite all receiver events are recorded and remain even when powered down so you can review receiver health and signal strength between flights.
Vibrant color touch screen display.
Gone are the days of fiddly buttons and rotating dial frustrations, no more bind plugs, and small screwdrivers needed. The vibrant Smart Display gives you feedback and simple programming all in one touch screen display. With intuitive buttons and a single setup design. Your model will be in the air before you know it.
SmoothFlite flight system (Gyro).
The SmoothFlite is much more than just a gyro. It is a complete flight system that harnesses the power of a 3 axis gyro, 3 axis accelerometer, 3 axis compass, and a barometer. the combination of the state-of-the-art devices and our proprietary SmoothFlite algorithms give you a very scale-like flying experience.
SmoothFlite key features:
- Automatic Gain Control (AGC) takes the guesswork out of setting up gain levels. Set up your gain for normal flying and SmoothFlite AGC takes it from there increasing and decreasing gain based on our proprietary algorithms. Switch to high gain for landings and know that SmoothFlite has your back with AGC reducing and increasing gain as required.
- Advanced Vibration Filtering Calculations (VFC). Every RC model has different vibration levels. A gas model will produce much more vibration than an electric or turbine-powered model. SmoothFlite takes all this into consideration.
- Inertia Calculations. SmoothFlite takes into account the weight of a model with advanced algorithms to give you mode la very scale-like flight envelope.
- Freely Assignable SmoothFlite control to any or all 26 programmable servo channels. SmoothFlite is the only system available today that allows you to assign gyro control to any and all outputs. Here is a typical example. At the touch of a button, you can assign gyro control to multiple rudder servos as well as steering servo. You can then reverse, sub trim, move endpoint (all from the SmoothFlite system) The result being you then have gyro assisted control of ground steering as well as rudder.
- Second Variable Gain Control (VGC). Our engineers fly all types of models and realized that SmoothFlite will be used with many different flying styles so we decided to add in a Variable Gain Control VGC so you can boost or cut the already switchable gain settings. This is like having a variable turbo control to hyper boost or cut on the fly for super low-speed flight.
- Proportional Control - is a switchable feature that reduces gain as the control stick moves away from the center position. This gives the pilot more control at outer stick positions.
SmoothFlite comes with an option of 3 sequencers.
- Sequencer 1 (Gear Sequencer) gives you 9 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
- Sequencer 2 (Canopy Sequencer) gives you 4 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
- Sequencer 3 (Aux Sequencer) maybe for bomb drop or Speed brake and chute deployment gives you an additional 4 sequencer channels freely assignable to any of the 26 servo outputs.
SmoothFlite - Giant Scale RC just got better.
To see all the Advanced Features in detail please download the user guide